What can you do in this project?
- Learn air rifle safety rules and procedures.
- Learn fundamentals of aiming and trigger squeeze.
- Learn to proficiently shoot in 3 positions.
- Demonstrate safe use of the air rifle through practice, talks, demonstrations, competitions and exhibits.
- Care and cleaning of air rifle equipment.
Ages: 8 years old and 3rd grade and older
Cost: $10.00 due at first class (one-time fee)
- Air Rifles are provided or member can bring their own air rifle own which is subject to inspection.
- Air rifle must pass 1 ½ lb. trigger pull test.
- NO SCOPES ALLOWED.
- The air rifle must have capacity to shoot single-shot fashion.
- Air Rifle must be able to shoot .177 pellets (NO B.B.’s). .177 Pellets are provided.
Location, Dates, and Time:
Ozaukee County Fairgrounds Show Arena
Members shoot one time per week on Saturdays from 11:00 am – 12:30 pm on the following dates:
- January 6 , 2018 Parent/Guardian must attend this meeting along with 4-H youth member
- January 20 , 2018
- January 27, 2018
- February 3, 2018
- February 17, 2018
- March 3, 2018
- April 20-21, 2018 Tri-County Competition in Washington County
For more information, please contact:
Dan Aschebrook at 920-392-6247
Shooting Sports Leader Certification
A statewide Shooting Sports Leader Certification workshop will be held to teach leaders how to conduct safe, supervised, shooting experiences for 4-H members enrolled in shooting sports projects and to complete required leader certification.
A Wisconsin 4-H Shooting Sports Leader may be certified in archery, coordinator, muzzleloader, pistol, rifle and shotgun disciplines. Leaders may only teach in the discipline in which they are certified. An adult leader cannot provide hands-on or safety instruction without a certified leader supervising the range.
All leaders must first complete one 12-hour workshop to be certified. After that, you may be eligible to attend a Saturday, eight-hour range workshop to receive an additional discipline certification. If three years lapse before adding an additional certification, the full 12-hour certification must be repeated. Only one certification may be obtained at any one certification workshop.
2016 Certification Workshops
See the Wisconsin 4-H Website for the dates and registration information for certification workshops.
The 4-H Foundation will pay the registration cost of the workshop.
$70—Includes instructor manuals, equipment, ammunition, Friday pm snack, Saturday lunch, and Saturday am and pm snacks, or
$55—Saturday discipline-only—Leaders who completed a certification workshop in 2012, 2013 and spring 2014, may only need register for a Saturday discipline session of choice and pay a reduced $55 workshop fee.
Registration form and more information available at http://www.uwex.edu/ces/4h/onlinpro/shooting/2014_cert-training.cfm