Science: Wisconsin Agriculture
What can you do in this project?
- Learn all about Ag from A to Z. Meetings will start with crops, then animal and meat science, genetics, and wrap it up with soil science and a crop test plot.
- Youth will have the opportunity to take crops that we grow in the test plot to the fair.
- A number of field trips planned. For example, the Kettle Lakes Co-op, Equity sale barn, a large dairy operation, the UW-Madison Meat Lab, and a butcher shop.
Grades: 3rd Grade through 13th Grade
Cost: There is no cost to the project.
2017 Meeting Dates:
Meeting are going to be between 2-4 hours long on average. Days will be chosen by what works best for the majority of the youth.
- Saturday, February 18, 2018 Wisconsin 4-H Meats Judging Contest
- Saturday, March 3, 2018 Wisconsin 4-H Quizbowl and Skillathon
For more information, please contact:
Teri Mejchar 414-333-8097 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Jim Rychtik 262-416-8683