WORKFORCE READINESS:CONSTRUCTION TRADES COUNTYWIDE PROJECT
What you can do in this project:
- Learn the fundamentals of building construction, electrical, plumbing, and finishing.
- Learn to safely operate hand and power equipment
- Build a playhouse/potting shed
- The finish product will be raffled or auctioned at the fair. The money earned will be seed money for the “next big project”.
Equipment Needed: Each youth should bring a pair of safety glasses and work gloves.
2017 Meeting Dates:
Meetings will take place on Saturdays at the Rychtik farm, located at 1750 Cedar Beach Rd, Belgium. From 8am-12pm.
- March 18th tool introduction, safety, shed design, material list and budget.
- April 22nd begin construction, layout and construct deck and wall.
- May 20th roof construction, shingle and siding.
- June 17th siding, trim, finish construction. Begin electrical, plumbing and painting.
- July 22nd finish electrical and plumbing
- July 29th load, deliver and set up at the fairgrounds.
Depending on how long it takes to master skills, the schedule could change. In between larger building projects, we hope to have some youth work on smaller projects like planters, benches or similar things. This will give each child additional time to work with the tools and become familiar with them.
For more information, please contact:
Jim Rychtik 262-689-7852
Larry Neumann 262-483-4511